Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Picture with Santa


So I took the kids to see Santa tonight, and despite the horrible evening leading up to Santa, the picture came out great! Everything was fine today until we left for the mall. I had taken Connor to get his shots this afternoon but up until we left he was perfectly fine, but of course the instant we leave he starts screaming bloody murder in the backseat. I had gotten all the kids dressed and fixed the girls hair but by the time we reached the mall (and its literally maybe 5 minutes from my house) Annika had taken out her pigtails and broken the elastic bands holding them. So I had to try to put them back up using her hair bows only. Then as I was getting Annika out of her car seat she fell forward busting her lip open on the back of the drivers seat. Not sure how, but she managed not to get any blood on her white shirt! So I get everyone inside the mall, clean them up, fix hair, make a bottle and head to Santa. The line wasn't too bad just slow moving, but of course Connor screamed the entire time and spit up all down the front of my shirt, lovely right?! and after a bit of dealing with him and trying to make sure Annika never ran off or got into anything, we finally got up to Santa himself. I was so worried that after the evening we were having that Connor and Annika would do nothing but scream at the poor guy, but to my surprise they did great! Annika waved and smiled at him and went straight to him when he held out his hands and Connor was perfectly fine as well. Of Course when I picked him up out of Santa's hands he began screaming once more and continued all the way home. But the picture came out perfect! I'm so happy with how it turned out. So that was this year's Santa Claus experience!

0 comments: