Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Birthday

So my birthday was Friday and I was pleasantly surprised! It started off at midnight when Mike texted me happy birthday (which I had completely forgotten that it was my birthday that day lol). Then of course Connor decided to keep me awake the majority of the night as usual. Mike and I had decided that for my birthday, our anniversary, and our (not the kids of course) Christmas that we would post-pone it until later and just celebrate them all at once. But when I woke up that morning to him coming home from work, he had brought me breakfast from Chick-fil-A (my absolute favorite)and a card. I thought it was so sweet that I gave him a big hug. When I pulled back he had a jewelry box in his hand. I opened it to find a really pretty white gold chain with a white gold heart with yellow gold Mom written inside of it. I have been begging for a nice chain to put my cross on for months now, but I haven't asked for a mom pendant in well over six months. He said that he really thought about it and decided that this was the best gift because I can interchange the mom pendant for my cross or vice versa. It is so obvious that he put so much thought into it and that meant so much to me! I just couldn't get over that he remembered that I wanted a mom pendant since I had forgotten that I had asked for it. Thanks Sweetie!!! So that made my day....and then I made a four hour drive to Hot Springs with the kids that night to see family and exchange Christmas gifts lol. I'll post a couple of pics of that tomorrow after I get home and get back to my computer :)Until tomorrow....

0 comments: