Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer is ending

The summer is ending, and WOW has the summer really flown by this year! I swear every year things just fly by quicker and quicker!! Kristina is getting ready to start second grade on the 6th of August, and she is super excited! Annika just keeps getting bigger and bigger and becoming more and more of a "big girl" and not just my little toddler. She's become my mini me and literally does and say's everything I do and say. She even runs to get her baby doll when I'm doing something with Connor. Speaking of Connor, just started pulling himself up onto his knees in his crib yesterday and this morning I walk in and he's standing up completely!!! Time to lower the crib!! He's been doing the army crawl for several weeks now but hasn't really tried to pull up...until yesterday.
We had a great family vacation last week. Just to Hot Springs, but we stayed in my Aunt and Uncle's lake house and it was great! We went swimming...an adventure since Annika is scared of everything, took about an hour to an hour and a half to coax her into the water. Then she had fun of course. Connor LOVES the water and loves to splash so he was completely happy swimming. We had lunches and dinners with family and even took the kids to Pirate's Cove, a miniature golf place. Everyone had a blast and it was a very much needed vacation for us all!
Now that we are back, we are just trying to get into the swing of things. Kristina has one week of summer left, I've taken on more kids to watch (so I have 7 counting my 3....Some day's I'm not sure what I was thinking ha ha), and Mike has a new promotion starting this week! I love it, he now works office hours Monday through Friday, so he has evenings and weekends off finally!! I think this will be a great change for our family! It was so nice to sit down at the table and eat as a family last night! I don't remember the last time that happened!
We are still up in the air about when we will be moving. As of now we are hoping to have Mike at Officer training in the middle of October and me and the kids in Oregon at that time. Though if we decide to let Kristina finish this semester of school then we wouldn't go to Oregon until Christmas break. Mike HATES the idea of me and the kids being here by ourselves....and while I would prefer not to, I think we would be just fine. I just HATE not being able to plan for anything. As of now our duty station will be Hawaii, right outside Honolulu. We are still really excited, just tired of the waiting game.
So all in all, the Lombard Clan is doing well...Just waiting to try to prepare for the so many changes we know are a head of us.

0 comments: